The hard-working team at Intuit is always on the lookout for innovative ways to help businesses get more out of QuickBooks Online (QBO).
Familiarize yourself with these most recent updates and get up to speed on how to leverage the changes for maximum advantage.
Get paid faster, boost cash flow and lower tax burden
Successful cash flow management is paramount to the financial health of any small business. QBO SmartInvoice helps you to track Accounts Receivable every step of the way with instant notifications regarding invoice status.
In addition to now being available online (previously SmartInvoice was only accessible via the QBO Mobile App), the following upgrades have been released:
- Now integrated with newly launched web-based Apple Pay, SmartInvoice provides merchants with an additional payment option.
- Integration with American Express Working Capital Terms makes it possible to apply for short-term loans within the QBO platform.
- Mileage Tracker can automatically sort and categorize business and personal travel to find up to $7,000 in tax deductions.
ACH fee eliminated
In conjunction with SmartInvoice’s move to the web, Intuit has removed the 50-cent-per-transaction fee for ACH bank transfers.
The move encourages small businesses to suggest clients pay via ACH transfers and collect on invoices for free.
Fewer setup screens and faster invoice generation
A revamped invoicing wizard eliminates bulky processes and setup screens to generate invoices more quickly and get paid fast.
By selecting “Invoicing is Important,” QBO guides users directly to the new invoice setup flow where creating your first ever invoice takes just a few minutes.
Streamlined, consistent look and functionality across product lines
If you use additional QuickBooks online products such as Payroll, Payments and QuickBooks Self-Employed, you’ll now experience a more consistent visual feel across all QuickBooks Online platforms.
Here are a few of the design enhancements to look forward to:
- Simple, bright colors and new fonts – Cleaner letters lends to easier reading and vibrant highlights point out the most important data on the page.
- Icons removed from navigation bar – Simplified navigation allows for faster movement between screens and a dark-green vertical indicator highlights your selection for accuracy.
- Updated home page – New P&L and Sales charts make it easier to quickly track revenue.
- New in-product guidance – Guided steps help new QBO users to effortlessly learn the software.
- Tips and tricks – Home page now features QBO tips to boost user efficiency.
The design shift focuses on organizing data in such a way to allow users to more quickly access the information they use most. Intuit indicates that the fresh design will pave the way for further aesthetic enhancements throughout 2017.
Radical changes to the Find-a-Pro-Advisor website
Studies show that small businesses perform at a higher level with greater financial success when contracting an accounting professional to help guide smart strategic decisions.
Finding the right local accountant for your business just got easier with upgrades to FindAProAdvisor.com. Advanced settings illuminate designations and certifications to showcase each accountant’s product expertise with the QuickBooks suite.
Working with a QuickBooks qualified accountant allows for safe & seamless data integration between you and your advisor with QuickBooks Online Accountant and Intuit ProConnect™ Tax Online.
Need help with QuickBooks? We offer private and group QuickBooks training as well as setup and conversion services throughout Northern NJ and the Hudson Valley. Learn more now!